Betsy knows that women’s issues are matters of economic and social justice. Betsy will strongly advocate for policies that put women on equal footing and provide pathways to equity.
Betsy will work to:
- Ensure equal pay for equal work
- Increase safety in the workplace and on college campuses
- Enact workplace policies that allow for family leave and flexibility in caring for children and elderly family members
- Fight for women to determine their own medical decisions without government interference
- Advocate for health care that treats women’s reproductive health with individual respect and without additional costs
- Strengthen sexual harassment and abuse policies across all employment sectors, putting victims first and bring transparency to the reporting process