Betsy will be a leading voice on behalf of our Veterans, active service members, and their families. She is focused on improving health care for Veterans and ensuring they receive the benefits they have earned in a timely manner and with fewer errors.
Betsy will work to:
- Strengthen Veterans’ care by expanding mental health services, increasing access to health care in rural areas, and improving care for female Veterans
- Invest in apprenticeship and training programs as well as business partnerships to ensure job opportunities for Veterans
- Fight for funding to update and upgrade Veteran care facilities and hospitals and improve Veterans’ services in Illinois communities
- Advocate for programs to support Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Support the families of Veterans and active military officers