Betsy knows that our tax system is too complicated and geared toward helping corporations at the expense of working families. She wants tax reform that is aimed at promoting job growth and helping families pay their bills.
Betsy will work to:
- Reformulate the tax code to help working families instead of corporations and the wealthy
- Help students incur less costs for higher education and pay off student loans
- Prevent corporations from hiding profits overseas to avoid paying their taxes
- Retain deductions and credits for medical expenses, teachers, graduate students, student loans, and other individual breaks needed to help families
- Incentivize businesses to invest in apprenticeships and job-training programs
- Help small businesses with cash-flow by simplifying the tax code and lowering rates