As we continue to rebuild and grow our economy, Betsy understands that we have to stay focused on job creation, support for our small businesses, and investments in the future. People want a local economy that their children will want to move back to and create a good life with their families. Betsy knows unions are the backbone of a strong middle class and strongly supports the rights of workers to collectively bargain.
Betsy will work to:
- Protect the rights of workers to unionize and collectively bargain
- Fight for fair wages, ensure workers’ safety, and protect the integrity of apprenticeship programs accredited through unions
- Invest in upgrading and modernizing infrastructure including: roads, bridges, electrical grids, waterways, broadband and pipeline distribution systems
- Make small business loans easier to get and increase small businesses’ access to government contracts as well as address barriers to capital for minority-owned small businesses
- Work to address the affordable housing crisis by investing in the creation and maintenance of affordable housing units
- Advocate for partnerships between high schools and trade unions to encourage movement toward apprenticeships and trade jobs