Betsy knows clean air and clean water are basic human rights -and that we all bear responsibility for reducing the effects of climate change now so we have a habitable world for generations to come.
Betsy will work to:
- Fight cuts to the EPA so it can enforce important environmental protections
- Expand clean energy research and development and make new investments in energy-producing communities to ensure the United States meets the benchmarks laid out in the Paris Climate Accord
- Invest in safer, cleaner and modern infrastructure to upgrade our electrical grids, waterways, roads and bridges
- Reduce methane emissions and eradicate lead poisoning by repairing and replacing old, leaky pipes
- Protect public lands and waterways
- Maintain full funding of the Natural Resources Conservation Service to help farmers improve soil health, build resiliency and promote conservation of land and water