Betsy comes from a family and community of responsible gun owners and knows we must address gun violence as a community by bringing gun owners and non-gun owners together to determine common sense ways to reduce gun violence.
Betsy will work to:
- Enact and expand universal background checks
- Address gun violence as a public health issue, by fully funding the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to study gun violence in our communities
- Prevent individuals who are mentally ill or have been convicted of violent crimes from purchasing guns and require individuals convicted of domestic violence to surrender their firearms
- Limit large capacity magazines
- Support “Red Flag” laws to empower family members and law enforcement to petition courts to temporarily limit a person’s access to guns if that person proves to be a danger to themselves or others