Betsy believes that healthcare is a right, not a privilege. For Betsy, healthcare reform is extremely personal. She is all too aware how one medical emergency changes people's lives. For far too long, America’s health insurance system has made health care costlier, less accessible, and less efficient for families and small businesses. Betsy will fight to make sure no family loses someone they love because they can't get to a doctor, can't afford their doctor's visit or medicine, or stand to lose everything they've worked for due to overwhelming medical bills. She will always support Planned Parenthood, and will never take away a woman's right to make her own healthcare decisions. Protecting Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are top priorities for Betsy.
Betsy will work to:
- Take steps toward universal healthcare coverage by stabilizing the ACA and protecting Essential Health Benefits
- Support a public option that can compete with private insurers
- Support Planned Parenthood and a woman's right to make her own healthcare decisions
- Protect Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid benefits
- Allow Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices
- Promote preventative health care to lower costs for health care in the long run